2017 Summit on Balanced Pain Managemet
November 17, 2017
On November 14, 2017, the Alliance for Balanced Pain Management convened its fourth annual Summit on Balanced Pain Management.
Attendees and presenters included patients, advocates, health care providers, industry representatives and government officials. Through panel discussions, featured speakers and on-stage interviews, the summit highlighted:
• The benefits of balanced pain management
• Policy barriers and health plan coverage issues
• The stigma related to diseases that entail chronic pain
• Treatment opportunities for America’s veterans and servicemembers who experience pain
• The value of abuse-deterrent opioids
• The role of balanced pain management in national efforts to reduce opioid abuse.
For Americans in pain, finding relief isn’t easy. Brian Kennedy, executive director of theAlliance for Patient Access, explained in his opening remarks that balanced pain management offers a “two-fold” benefit: it can impact the level of prescription drug abuse and addiction while also allowing for optimal patient care.Integrated Care, Pain
Categorized in: Summits