Job Opening: Director, Medical Education Program
The nonprofit Institute for Patient Access (IfPA), an AACME accredited medical education provider, is seeking to hire a Director of its Medical Education Program. The Director will be responsible for developing and managing IfPA’s educational programming, including identifying learning objectives, preparing program agendas, recruiting faculty, facilitating evaluation processes and preparing applications for commercial support. Specific duties include:
- Lead IfPA medical and health care professional programming, resources, and engagements.
- Provide management for all medical and health care professional continuing education approved activities.
- Serve as IfPA liaison for medical and health care professional education related task forces and accreditors.
- Engage with external like-minded health care organizations in development of education programming.
- Prepare requests for educational sponsorships and grant funding to ensure compliance with accrediting body and other guidelines as applicable.
- Prior experience in the development and management of continuing medical education.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent relevant experience.
- Three (3) years or more of nonprofit and/or medical education work experience, preferably with a health care or cause-based connection.
Experience And Skills
- Experience working with CME, CNE, or other accredited health care continuing education is highly desired.
- Highly organized with an ability manage multiple projects with differing deadlines.
- Excellent communication (written & oral) skills.
- Previous experience working with professional development activities and grant application systems is a plus.
- Ability to establish and nurture relationships, and an enthusiasm for meeting and working with a wide range of individuals.
- Entrepreneurial spirit with a strong proclivity to finding innovative solutions that address standing challenges.
- Technical proficiency with online application processes and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), and general computing skills.
Salary & Benefits
This is a full-time, in-office position based in Washington, DC with competitive salary, health insurance, 401(k) and paid vacation.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should email their resume and a writing sample to email@example.com.